Accord Carton is seeking full-time Pressman to work in our Alsip, Illinois location.
This position requires you to Make-ready, run and maintain 6/7 color printing press using various paperboard substrates, safely, efficiently and with superior quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and direct the activities of the other members of the press crew.
- Trouble shoot feeder when necessary.
- Trouble shoots print problems and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Make Ready press, register, color, etc.
- Handle all aspects of press run.
- Bring supplies to press when needed.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Help wash up press units.
- Look for blanket smashes and other defects on make ready and while running.
- Make sure plates get gummed and put away.
- When any press room supply item is low tell the press room manager.
- Work with customers to establish color standard for press run.
- Perform the necessary maintenance and lubrication of the machinery.
- Following all safety, sanitation and quality procedures.
- Any other appropriate work assignments as required.
Knowledge, Skill, Abilities:
Mechanical ability to make adjustments and use hand tools.
Ability to distinguish colors and make color matches.
Ability to read, write, and do basic math.
Extensive standing and able to lift 50 pound.
The ability to consistently follow procedures and job instructions.
Previous experience as pressman on a multi colored litho press.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accord Carton is an EOE