Accord Carton is seeking a full-time Sheeter Operator and a Sheeter Helper to work in our Alsip location.
This position requires you to safely and efficiently make ready, operate, and maintain a paperboard roll sheeter.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sheet roll according to the sheeting instructions for the order.
- Check rolls for excessive damage or defects from board supplier and report to press room, or quality manager.
- Direct efforts of Sheeter Helper.
- Trouble shoot sheeter problems and take appropriate corrective action.
- Check the sheet cut size and quality during run, document checks on operator’s quality check sheet.
- Make Ready sheeter and slitter per sheeting schedule instructions.
- Handle all aspects and operator responsibilities for the sheeting run.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Operate de-curling device properly to ensure sheet are flat.
- Look for scratches and other defects on make ready and while running.
- Properly tag sheeted loads for the next operation.
- Bring rolls to sheeter when needed.
- Perform the necessary Maintenance and lubrication of the machinery.
- Ream cut sheets when necessary.
- Following all safety, sanitation and quality procedures
Must have prior experience as a Sheeter Operator and Sheeter Helper. Must have the mechanical ability to use tools and understand make-ready procedures.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accord Carton is an EOE